Designed for 14-pin butterfly laser diodes with internal thermistors and Thermo Electric Coolers (TEC), the LDMOUNT is a laser diode mount with integrated heat sinking, and simple connections between the drivers and the diode laser.
The LDMOUNT has easy connectivity. A zero insertion force (ZIF) socket holds the laser. Two 9-pin DSUB connectors enable TEC and laser driver control. Two basic butterfly laser diode types are supported. For any other pinout, the LDMOUNT-CU Card is available for hand wiring.
The LDMOUNT has several built-in safety features. These include a reverse bias protection diode across the laser diode, an interlock circuit for the laser diode current, and a TEC Active/Bypass switch to require active temperature control before laser current can be enabled.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Capable of running lasers up to 5 A
- Capable of running thermoelectrics up to 5 A
- Compatible with 14-pin butterfly laser diode packages
- Type 1 & Type 2 butterfly packages are supported with pre-soldered connection card
- Zero insertion force (ZIF) socket holds laser diode
- Laser interlock safety circuit
- TEC Active/Bypass interlock safety circuit
- Mounts to an optics table with standard 1/4-20″ screw
- Compatible with 8 Wavelength temperature controllers and laser drivers
The LDMOUNT is ideal for pump and communication diode lasers. The user is able to change between the types easily by using the provided pre-configured connection card.
Free, effective, and responsive technical support is available to simplify integration of Wavelength products into your OEM design. Standard product can be easily modified to meet your application requirements.