The PTC Series PCB Mount Temperature Controllers are based on our long-proven PTC-CH controllers, and deliver the precision performance and reliability you expect from Wavelength Electronics.
PTC Series controllers are found in such diverse applications as particle and droplet measurement, communications, manufacturing test, and medical systems. It is CE certified. A PDF version of the Declaration of Conformance is available.
POWERFUL AND EASY TO USE
The PTC5000 drives ±5 amps and the PTC10000 drives ±10 amps to a Peltier thermoelectric cooler, and both can be configured to drive unipolar current to a resistive heater. These controllers mount directly to your circuit board.
The PTC controllers operate from a single power supply between 5 V and 30 V. The controllers interface with a variety of temperature sensors, and the bias current is adjustable in order to maximize controller sensitivity and stability for your application temperature range and target setpoint.
You can use the PTCEVAL evaluation board to quickly configure the PTC controller for prototyping and benchtop use. Using the same controller for development and production helps guarantee there are no surprises when it’s time to integrate the final design.
PRACTICAL FEATURES ENHANCE VERSATILITY
Valuable features make your product more robust to real-world conditions and minimize your electronics overhead:
- Onboard controls, combined with the ability to remotely control the PTC allows maximum application versatility.
- Built-in heatsink and fan simplifies thermal management of the controller.
- Adjustable sensor current to maximize control sensitivity.
- If the remote temperature setpoint signal is lost, the controller defaults to a standard “safe” temperature setpoint (25ºC when a 10 kΩ thermistor is used). The safe temperature can be changed at the factory; call for details.
- An onboard trimpot is used to set the output current limit to prevent over-driving the TEC, and helps protect your load from thermal runaway situations.
- Proportional gain is easily adjusted with an onboard trimpot
- Low temperature coefficient design remains stable across a wide range of ambient conditions.
COUNT ON WAVELENGTH ELECTRONICS
Download the brochure to view detailed specifications, and then call Wavelength’s sales engineers so we can help you choose the right temperature controller for your application.
Free, effective, and responsive technical support is available to simplify integration of Wavelength products into your OEM design. Standard product can be easily modified to meet your application requirements.