SIMPLE AND FAST EVALUATION
The FL591FL Evaluation Board allows you to quickly and efficiently evaluate the FL500 Laser Diode Driver and prototype your laser electronics system. The evaluation board is designed so that you can fully characterize the included FL500 — you’ll know exactly how it will perform in your application, and there will be no surprises during the development process. Ultimately, you’ll bring your system to market faster and at lower cost.
DESIGNED FOR MAXIMUM VERSATILITY
The FL591FL is loaded with useful features to help simplify the prototyping process. For example, there are several setpoint-output combinations:
- Two independent outputs, each driving up to 250 mA, and controlled by separate setpoint signals
- Two independent 250 mA outputs controlled by a single setpoint signal
- A single output, driving up to 500 mA
The current limits are set using onboard trimpots, and without enabling the output. The setpoint is controlled using the onboard trimpots, or use the BNC connector for external control, or the two can be summed. Summing the setpoint signals makes modulating a laser easy and foolproof.
The control mode — Constant Current or Constant Power — is set with onboard switches. When operated as two independent drivers, the two channels can be operated in different modes.
MORE PRACTICAL FEATURES
Thoughtfully designed features provide valuable benefits and protect the laser against operational anomalies:
- An external signal is required to enable the output; this Enable input can be connected to a safety interlock, or coupled to a temperature controller that will disable the output if the lasers exceed a safe operating temperature.
- Drive current and photodiode current monitor outputs can be tied to an external control and monitor circuit so you can characterize every aspect of your laser control system.
- Easy access to the setpoint and current limit reference signals for design evaluation and validation of your laser control electronics.
The FL591 board is also available without the FL500 controller installed. Please contact Sales to request a Product Variation.
COUNT ON WAVELENGTH ELECTRONICS
Download the brochure to view a more detailed specification chart, and then call Wavelength’s sales engineers so we can help you choose the right driver for your application.
Free, effective, and responsive technical support is available to simplify integration of Wavelength products into your OEM design. Standard product can be easily modified to meet your application requirements.