How do I upgrade the firmware on my TC LAB instrument?
The most recent version of the instrument firmware is available on the Downloads tab of the product page under SOFTWARE.
To see what firmware version is installed on your instrument, turn the rear and front panel power switches on then swipe the touchscreen from left to right to show the System Information screen.
The firmware can be updated on the instrument using a USB flash drive:
- On the Wavelength Electronics website, navigate to one of the following download locations:
The Downloads tab on the product page or
The Temperature Controller tab on the Support Software Download page.
- Save the file to the hard drive of a computer.
- Extract the files from the ZIP file downloaded from the website. This can be done in Windows by right clicking on the ZIP file, and clicking Extract All.
- Copy the files to a USB flash drive.
- Verify on the flash drive that the files are present. There should be a subfolder named TCxx-LAB, and a file named INSTALL.INI in the root of the flash drive.
- Eject the flash drive from the computer.
- Turn the TC LAB instrument completely off at the rear panel.
- Insert the USB flash drive into the front Data Port on the TC LAB instrument and turn on the rear power switch.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to install the update. When notified on the screen that the installation is complete, remove the flash drive and then click OK to reboot the instrument.