February 3, 2012
Practical, Powerful and Easy-to-Use PCB-Mount Control
The PTC Series PCB-Mount Temperature Controllers are based on our long-proven PTC-CH controllers, and deliver the stable performance and long-term reliability you expect from Wavelength Electronics. PTC Series controllers are found in such diverse applications as particle and droplet measurement, communications, manufacturing test, and medical systems.
POWERFUL AND EASY TO USE
The PTC controllers operate from a single power supply between 5 V and 30 V, and two models drive ±5 amps or ±10 amps to a Peltier thermoelectric cooler or a resistive heater. These controllers mount directly to your circuit board. PTC controllers interface with a variety of temperature sensors, and the bias current is adjustable in order to maximize controller sensitivity and stability for your application. You can use the PTCEVAL board to quickly configure the PTC controller for prototyping. Using the same controller for development and production helps guarantee there are no surprises when it’s time to release the final design.
PRACTICAL FEATURES FOR VERSATILITY AND SAFETY
Valuable features make your product more robust to real-world conditions and minimize your electronics overhead:
- Onboard controls, combined with the ability to remotely control the PTC allows maximum application versatility.
- Built-in heatsink and fan simplifies thermal management of the controller.
- If the remote temperature setpoint signal is lost, the controller defaults to a standard “safe” temperature setpoint (25ºC when a 10 kΩ thermistor is used). The safe temperature can be changed at the factory; call for details.
- An onboard trimpot is used to set the output current limit to prevent over-driving the TEC, and helps protect your load from thermal runaway situations.
- Proportional gain is easily adjusted with an onboard trimpot.
- Low temperature-coefficient design remains stable across a wide range of ambient conditions.
COUNT ON WAVELENGTH ELECTRONICS
Our experienced Sales Engineers are available to help you decide which temperature controller is right for your application. Call today or visit our website to find out how Wavelength Electronics can help you to be successful.