|Wavelength Electronics designs and manufactures instrument-grade OEM controllers for quantum cascade lasers, diode lasers, and thermal
management. If you've spent time on our website, you already know all that. But there's a lot more to Wavelength Electronics that you might not
know, so we'll let you behind the scenes.
The company was founded in 1993 by two individuals who weren't satisfied with the laser diode control status quo. They wanted to do things better by
simplifying advanced laser diode and thermal control for high-tech OEMs and researchers. More than that, they also set out to give customers a
positive experience. So they started Wavelength Electronics, and the positive experience philosophy is still at the core of our corporate
ethos, and factors into every decision we make.
What makes a positive experience? Quite a lot of little details that add up to something big.
First and foremost, we are a small group of dedicated professionals who genuinely like what we're doing. The work is engaging, interesting, and
ever-changing. The best part is that we get to share our efforts with our customers - people like you who are fun to work with, and develop cutting edge
We are pleased to see our electronics used around the world in national scientific labs, aircraft-mounted atmospheric sensors, particle sizing and
counting instruments, medical diagnostic and treatment tools, laser range finders, biomedical applications, NASA labs, telecommunications systems,
and our QCL driver is found in cutting-edge trace gas analyzers.
We understand what it takes to do cutting edge research or launch a new high tech product. We do our own manufacturing, so we understand the challenges
OEMs face once products transition to manufacturing. And we understand that we are a partner you need to be able to rely on.
- You expect prompt, courteous, and knowledgeable customer service - when you call the factory we answer the phone right here in Montana. And we receive
customer feedback like "You are setting the customer service bar very high and I only wish our other vendors could follow your lead." That's the kind of
service you'll get, too.
- You expect quality products that work as advertised - we actually test our products to the specs we publish. We want you to be well aware of how
our products will perform - no surprises.
- You expect solid and reliable performance - our RMA rate is less than 0.7%.
- You expect on-time delivery in order to keep your research and production costs under control and on time – we track our "Need-By Date" shipping
performance, and we're at 100% for 2011. That's the norm, actually.
- You expect us to help save you time and money - little things add up to big savings. We stock evaluation boards to make prototyping easier; we can
make custom product enhancements at the factory to streamline your manufacturing processes.
- You know the importance of Value - we go the extra mile to deliver more than just products. We provide meaningful FAQs, in-depth App and Tech notes,
and comprehensive start-to-finish customer service.
- Just like you, we're never satisfied with "it's good enough." We drive ourselves to refine, improve, and innovate. We invest in engineering research,
and when we learn something new we apply it to our existing products. We even developed our own internal quality system by starting with ISO as the
baseline and improving it.
|We enjoy working at Wavelength and we take pride in our work, but
we know how to relax a bit—with Buddy the shop dog running around the office area it's hard not to smile. And we regularly air out our geekdom with fun
events—like our annual Halloween costume contest—so we don't take ourselves too seriously.|
Bozeman is a great place to work and live, and we entertain ourselves with skiing, fishing, hiking, bicycling, hockey, kayaking, climbing, and just simply living
under the Big Sky. And since we value the clean Rocky Mountain air we pay attention to minimizing our packaging materials, reusing and recycling, and consciously
reducing chemical usage.
You can find us at Photonics West every year, and some of us are on LinkedIn. Feel free to call any time, or email, if you prefer. We hope you have the
opportunity to experience Wavelength Electronics, and we look forward to hearing from you. We're pretty sure you'll find that we're different – in a good
way – from anyone else in our industry.