Wavelength Electronics designs and manufactures precision electronics for critical semiconductor Laser Systems. Our drivers are used in challenging applications like surgery, medical tests, dangerous chemical detectors, climate research – and other technology that significantly improves lives.
We’re looking for someone to lead the Sales and Customer Service Team. Our well-established team has earned sales through excellent customer service and strong relationships with customers and international distributors. The thriving customer service/sales engineering team has built a high level of trust and integrity with existing clients. You will know how to build on that foundation, adding proactive best-in-class account management, cross-selling, and business development systems to help the CEO scale the business.
Benefits include competitive compensation, paid health insurance premiums (100% for employee AND dependents), HSA contribution, 401k, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays, and an excellent working environment.
The team you’d be joining is well trained, takes pride in their work, and comes to work with a smile. It is a friendly, respectful environment. Individuals have autonomy over their work with support for questions and brainstorming from senior members of the team. This role is an opportunity to lead at one of Bozeman’s longest standing high-tech photonics firms.
- Manage the technically adept Account Manager/Customer Service team (in-house and international distributors) to gain high margin long-term design wins.
- Staff appropriately: Schedule efforts to support world-wide customer base, coordinate training, conduct reviews, uphold department policies
- Leverage existing and develop new sales strategies and engagement techniques to identify key customers, nurture and grow key professional and corporate relationships over time by developing trusted relationships with, and intimate knowledge of the personal and professional goals of all key buyers and decision makers
- Develop annual sales projections and budget to meet company goals
- Be the point of contact for resolving all key issues with clients and internal team
- Lead improvement projects assigned by the CEO such as adding best-in-class Business Development capability
- Communicate key customer strategies, goals, and developments to WEI innovation leaders
- Work with the Manufacturing, Engineering, and Marketing teams to achieve Wavelength’s goals
- Follow processes in our established Quality System. Audit, update, and improve the processes
- Manage some key accounts
- Travel may be required to Photonics West and some key accounts
Education & Experience
Requires a BS in a technical field or equivalent experience and five years experience in B2B customer service and sales management
Understands and can troubleshoot optical systems involving semiconductor laser control electronics
Demonstrates the ability to achieve results through others: Success with leadership best practices, business & budget planning, monitor performance metrics and holding team accountable
You’ll love working at Wavelength if you are…
- Mature: Someone who knows inherently performance is based on results delivered, not hours worked.
- A respected leader: You believe leading a team is about bringing out each individual’s You recognize they care about their work and support their growth. You earn the respect of the team by your actions not your title.
- Successful at solving customer problems: You understand their pain points, how optical systems work, and how the electronics add value. You naturally create mutually beneficial, trust-based relationships that create value – win/win solutions.
- A tenacious problem solver: You expect problems to come up and you have confidence that you, backed by the entire Wavelength team can solve them. You are decisive and have a bias toward action. You believe in conducting a Root Cause Analysis to permanently solve a problem.
- Creative: You see problems as opportunities and have a can-do attitude.
- Technically savvy: You know how to leverage CRM software, LinkedIn, and other tools to improve our client’s experience and streamline account managers’ efforts.
- Principled: You maintain unparalleled integrity, confidentiality, discretion, and judgment. You own your mistakes.
- Personable: You are professional with both written and verbal communication. You are sociable and earn the trust of the team.
- Playful: You have fun while working hard. We laugh and celebrate wins as a team.
Does this sound like you?
Send a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d like to join our long-standing team.
Pay: Competitive and DOE. Show me what value you could bring!
Wavelength Electronics Inc. is a woman-owned and operated equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where creativity and diversity thrive.