Wavelength Electronics manufactures our own electronics designs. We also build assemblies for other customers (Electronic Manufacturing Services or EMS). The manufacturing facility boasts automated equipment for surface mount and plate-through assembly. We build down to 0402 size parts with 15 mil pitch. The manufacturing team works together to achieve very high quality standards while meeting ship dates. It is a fast-paced environment with lots of variety. This job is ideal for someone that is mechanically inclined & likes to operate precision machines.
Duties and Responsibilities
This position has several core responsibilities performed under minimal supervision once trained:
- Test and troubleshoot electronic assemblies using such equipment as test fixtures, digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, wave generators and power supplies – ensuring that ship dates and quality standards are met
- Program and operate the SMT line – stencil printer, pick-and-place machine, oven, accurately following the Assembly Instructions.
- Hand place or hand solder parts the pick-and-place can’t pick up.
- Rework circuit board assemblies as needed after SMT process & clean. Stage for next process.
- Ability to independently prioritize and perform work, multi-tasking as required.
- Be able to determine root cause of failures to improve processes.
- Complete any other production task as needed to assist production in meeting ship dates while ensuring quality standards are met.
Education and Experience
- Requires a 2 year degree (preferably electronics)
- Proficiency with Excel and Word
- Ideally have two years related experience
- Knowledge of hand soldering and solder rework equipment
- Knowledge of IPC standards
- Knowledge of electronics manufacturing line processes a plus.
To fit into the team, the ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- An innate love of troubleshooting, problem solving, and learning.
- A desire to improve processes.
- Good judgement in decision making.
- Professionalism in communicating with the internal team.
To be considered, please send your resume and cover letter in PDF, OpenDocument or Microsoft Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org or to our physical address:
Wavelength Electronics Inc.
P.O. Box 865
Bozeman, MT 59771
- Wavelength Electronics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
- Wavelength Electronics, Inc. offers excellent benefits including competitive wages, paid health insurance premiums, 401k, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays, and an excellent working environment.