Wavelength Electronics designs and manufactures precision electronics for critical Laser Systems. Our drivers are used in challenging applications like surgery, medical tests, dangerous chemical detectors, climate research – and other technology that significantly improves lives. What we do matters in the world.
We’re looking for someone to lead the Manufacturing Team. The CEO is scaling the business and needs to level up. This opens a great opportunity for the right person to expand the existing infrastructure and lead the team to achieve new goals. Hours are flexible, Monday through Friday, at our automated, clean manufacturing facility. Wavelength is a dynamic environment. We are constantly experimenting with new processes and upgrading our capabilities.
Benefits include competitive wages, paid health insurance premiums (100% for employee AND dependents), HSA contribution, 401k, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays, and an excellent working environment.
The team you’d be joining is well trained, takes pride in their work, and comes to work with a smile. It is a friendly, respectful environment. Individuals have autonomy over their work with support for questions and brainstorming from senior members of the team. This role is an opportunity to lead at one of Bozeman’s longest standing high-tech photonics firms.
High quality products ship on time, at target COGS, meeting monthly expected shipment target.
- The team follows processes in our established Quality System. Audit, update, and improve the processes
- Staff appropriately: Schedule efforts, maintain a safe working environment, coordinate training, and conduct reviews
- Implement Engineering changes & new product releases accurately
- Actively manage inventory accuracy & investment, COGS, on time delivery rate, RMA rate
- Problem solve anything that gets in the way
- Develop annual plan and budget to meet company goals
- Plan and lead improvement projects assigned by the CEO
- Be part of choosing & implementing a new ERP system
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- Five years experience effectively managing an electronics manufacturing floor
- Ability to achieve results through others
- Experience with leadership best practices
- Experience with business & budget planning
- Demonstrated ability to monitor performance metrics and hold team accountable
- Knowledge of IPC standards a plus
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles a plus
You’ll love working at Wavelength if you are…
- Mature: Someone who knows inherently performance is based on results delivered, not hours worked.
- A respected leader: You believe leading a team is about bringing out each individual’s best. You recognize they care about their work and support their growth. You earn the respect of the team by your actions not your title.
- Successful at leading big projects: You have experience planning for change and seeing that plan through. Helping to choose & implement a new ERP system with the team is a challenge you’d like to take on.
- A tenacious problem solver: You expect problems to come up and you have confidence that you & the team can solve them. You are decisive and have a bias toward action. You believe in conducting a Root Cause Analysis to permanently solve a problem.
- Process driven: You know a solid Quality System is core to efficient and effective manufacturing.
- Technically savvy: You know computers and they bend to your will.
- Good at setting priorities: You are not overwhelmed by a large to-do list. You think ahead so you tackle the most important issues each day and achieve results. You set your agenda.
- Principled: You maintain unparalleled integrity, confidentiality, discretion, and judgment. You own your mistakes.
- Accurate: You complete your work then self check.
- Personable: You are professional with both written and verbal communication. You are sociable and earn the trust of the team.
- Playful: You have fun while working hard. We laugh and celebrate wins as a team.
Does this sound like you? Send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com explaining why you’d like to work alongside the CEO to uplevel Wavelength..
Job Type: Full-time
At this time, Gallatin County is at low-risk of transmission. Masks are optional.
Wavelength Electronics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.