Wavelength Electronics manufactures precision electronics. We’re looking for someone to team with our current Manufacturing Engineer to oversee the Electronics Test side of the facility and develop robust processes post-SMT.
Benefits include competitive wages, paid health insurance premiums (100% for employee AND dependents), HSA contribution, 401k, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays, and an excellent working environment.
- Keep the electronics test equipment running and proactively monitored and maintained.
- Lead post-SMT process development for all new products and EMS jobs.
- Develop new production processes and specify equipment to accomplish tasks.
- Determine root cause of failures to improve processes.
- Design & implement new test fixtures with Engineering Team
- Electronic test fixture & equipment maintenance, troubleshooting, and development
- Interface with test techs to solve issues that affect quality or throughput.
- Troubleshoot analog & digital electronics in standard product line. Use equipment such as test fixtures, digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, wave generators and power supplies.
- Lead post-SMT process development and refinement including selective solder, hand solder, mechanical assembly, test, conformal coating
- Develop new production processes, test protocols and specify equipment to accomplish tasks.
- Document the processes
- Coordinate the release of new products with engineering & SMT manufacturing engineer.
- Inspect to IPC standards
- Maintain a clean and ESD safe work area.
- Support manufacturing as needed to meet ship dates
You’ll love working at Wavelength if you are…
Mature: Someone who knows inherently performance is based on results delivered, not hours worked.
A Problem Solver: You are resourceful, confident, flexible, and positive.
Excellent at troubleshooting electronics at the chip level: You are calm when something fails, work with urgency to narrow down the problem using schematics and your knowledge of electronics and get it back up and running quickly.
Handy with a soldering iron: Repairs and rework are second nature (even under a microscope).
Focused on High Reliability: You know IPC standards and how to build robust electronics.
A Fan of Variety: You thrive when each day is different from the next.
Attentive to detail: You can design a test protocol that will catch any faults.
Process Driven: You know if you nail the process, quality follows, and you always nail the process.
Personable: You are professional with both written and verbal communication. You are sociable and earn the trust of the team.
Playful: You have fun while working hard. We laugh and celebrate wins as a team.
Does this sound like you? Send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you’d like to join our long-standing team.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000 – $70,000 annual salary DOE
Wavelength is considered critical infrastructure. We take COVID-19 protection seriously. At this time, masks are provided & expected to be worn by all team members. Disinfecting supplies are readily available. Protocols are clear and universally followed.
Education and Experience
- Ideally has a EE degree & two years related experience – or equivalent practical experience
- Ability to work with multimeters & schematics to troubleshoot and repair fixtures
- Knowledge of hand soldering and solder rework equipment
- Knowledge of IPC standards
To be considered, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wavelength Electronics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.