Wavelength Electronics manufactures our own electronics designs. The manufacturing facility boasts automated equipment for surface mount and plate-through assembly. We build down to 0402 size parts with 15 mil pitch. The manufacturing team works together to achieve very high quality standards while meeting ship dates. It is a fast paced environment with lots of variety. This job is ideal for someone that likes to solder (or wants to learn), and enjoys building things by hand. We need to hire two people. One can be a full time position. Part time positions are for 20-25 hours a week between 8-5 Monday through Friday, at our facility in Bozeman.
Duties and Responsibilities
This position has several core responsibilities performed under minimal supervision once trained:
- Hand solder assemblies according to the written instructions and IPC Class 2 or 3 standards.
- Mechanically assemble electronics to metal cases according to the written instructions.
- Perform simple testing and rework.
- Seal assemblies by heatshrinking.
- Record labor accurately against assigned work orders.
- Maintain a clean and ESD safe work area.
Education and Experience
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Good hand/eye coordination.
- Computer skills a plus.
- Knowledge of hand soldering and solder rework equipment a plus.
- Knowledge of IPC standards a plus.
To fit into the team, the ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- An innate love of troubleshooting, problem solving, and learning.
- A desire to improve processes.
- Good judgment in decision making.
- Professionalism in communicating with the internal team.
To be considered, please send your resume and cover letter in PDF, OpenDocument or Microsoft Word format to email@example.com or to our physical address:
Wavelength Electronics Inc.
P.O. Box 865
Bozeman, MT 59771
- Wavelength Electronics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
- Wavelength Electronics, Inc. offers excellent benefits including competitive wages, paid health insurance premiums, 401k, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays, and an excellent working environment.